Creating WebEngage notification is a simple 3-step process:
- Specify creative content of the notification.
- Add filters (targeting rules) to show this notification only to a specific set of audience – e.g. “SEO or SEM traffic, repeat visitors, shopping cart drop-off”.
- Activate and go live – drive traffic, increase conversion.
Below is the step-wise details –
- Click on the Notification tab in the panel on the left side of the display screen and then click on the tab “Create Notification”. This would take you to the Notification layout page.
- Notification widget is provided with 9 different layouts to choose from; namely Classic, Sticky Header etc. These nine layouts serve different scenarios and situations in which notifications would optimally be displayed to your online website visitors.
- Take a look at the various layouts and their general use cases.
Notification Layout Use Case Classic Site-wide product offers Sticky Header Personalized messaging Sticky Footer Persistent Footer to announce offers Box For Marketing Promotions Modal LightBox Leave intent Mobile Sticky Header New Product launches Mobile Sticky Footer Run deal of the day Banner Display ads with rich media Callout Announce new features and services
- At the Notification layout page, select the layout of your choice. This would take you to the notification design page. Here you would have to give a title to the notification and give a description of it.
- Next, you could add desired content to the notification. For this, you could also insert an HTML content which would enable you to add pictures.
- You may insert the call to action which is a description of the action that is executed on a click. Below this is the field where you insert the call to action URL which is the URL of the page to be directed to on clicking the notification. For example, if there is a notification of a 25 % sale on a shirt, then on clicking the notification, the customer would be redirected to the product details page.
- Based on the layout selected, you get layout specific settings to configure. For example, if you select the “Classic” layout, you could set the alignment of the notification – whether you want the notification to be displayed on the bottom right or left.
- You can go to the themes and customize the color of your widget. Here, you could choose from the predefined themes or click on the edit button in order to create your own themes.
- After you have set the layout and the themes you would have to save the settings and continue.
- This would take you to the targeting page. Here, you would set parameters for triggering the notifications to visitors at certain predefined conditions. For more detailed information on setting up the targeting page please check this link – How to setup WebEngage widget targeting page
- After setting up the targeting parameters, save the page. This would take you to the page of advanced settings. Here you may set additional parameters and then finally get the widget activated.
To know more about setting up a WebEngage Account go through the link given below: