It is possible to integrate WebEngage with Google Tag Manager (GTM). You just need to follow the following steps:
- Login to your GTM account and create a GTM container to add WebEngage integration code
- Next, you would have to go to the ‘New‘ tab and select the ‘Tag‘ option in order to create a custom HTML tag in the container
- You would then have to add a ‘tag name‘ and select ‘Custom HTML Tag‘ type
- Go to the WebEngage Dashboard » Settings » widget integration tab – here you would find the ‘Widget integration code for Tag Managers‘ (This is different from the default WebEngage Integration Code). Copy it and paste it into the “HTML” window.
- You would then have to add a rule in the GTM that would enable the regulation of the display of WebEngage widget.
- Next, you would have to save the newly created tag and publish it.